It's wonderful that little Bentley can read the label on the cereal box from his high chair, used the potty at 6 months of age and regularly wins awards at his Music with Mommy Classical Conductors Group for Toddlers. I'm not much of a blog reader. I despise mommy blogs and yet I applaud the maternal hubris of those who pen them. By the way, that photo isn't that cute and I bet he gets beat up if you keep sewing him clothes that look like that. Never mind me though. Despite the fact that your blog causes me reverse peristalsis of the GI tract, there is some cooing aunty out there that lives to read your next installment about Bentley's BMs.
And with that said, I am sitting to blog about my garden. Yep, carrots, tomatoes, compost, irrigation and insect control. My buddy James is likely to be entertained by it. He's weird that way. But most people I know couldn't care less about the soil drainage at Hoot Owl Hollow or when I planted my butternut squash. Come to think of it, James probably doesn't care either. That's the beauty of a blog. It can be as personal as a journal or as public as Time Magazine. No one is compelled to read it (or shouldn't be) but it gives the ability to share with people that actually might give a darn.
I was tilling the garden just before Christmas and thinking about all the people that tell me that they would like to start a garden and need help getting started. Now is the time to start getting the soil ready for spring and I should let them know. I don't consider myself the best source of advice but I do have a few growing seasons of experience now and enjoy trying to assist people in getting started. I was also lamenting the fact that I didn't have as many records on last year's garden as I would like to. So...as I was walking behind my big yellow rear tine tiller and basking in the joy of seeing the dirt roll over, I decided a blog would allow me to share what I do know, get advice from others and keep good records to use later. Besides, there is something satisfying about putting thoughts in writing....just ask Bentley's momma.
No comments:
Post a Comment