Monday, February 21, 2011

Fruit Trees

A few weeks ago I pruned my fruit trees that I planted last year. I need to document what varieties I have planted. I have to replace two of them due to damage done by deer. The peaches grew the best last year.  I am going to fertilize with nitrogen fertilizer the first week of March. I have each tree irrigated now with a bubbler sprinkler. I didn't have my irrigation in last year so they had some rough dry spells.

Here is what I have from West to East

Row 1:  Molly Delicious Apple...Ranger Peach....Ranger Peach...Methley Plum
Row 2: Golden Delicious Apple...Red Globe Peach...Moonglow Pear
Row 3: AyersPear...Morris Plum...Denman Peach

Everything was planted in 2010 but the Golden Delicious Apple and Morris Plum will be replaced with the same varieties and replanted this year. 

When we planted the trees last year my garden buddy Lucas wrote down the varieties of what we planted where.  Here is a photo of the paper that makes me smile.









No comments:

Post a Comment