Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Planted Onions and Spinach

Saturday Jan 29th
I planted onions as scheduled. I planted a couple of bunches of 10-15 "the texas onion", one bunch of purple and several yellow granex. I planted a little over 300 total. Most of them I spaced about 5.5 inches apart to give them plenty of room to grow.  I planted a few few 2-3 inches apart and will thin those to use as green onions. I usually end up wasting a lot of onions when I plant them all close together because we don't use enough green onions. This year I made my bed a little different. I re-tilled a few rows and then racked up a bed raised about 4-6 inches and about 1.5' across. I planted three rows in that bed. I also planted in the same row aobut 2-3 feet of spinach seeds.  I would take a photograph but right now it is covered in snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment