Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bee update




James H. Norwood III, James Christopher Norwood and James Samuel Norwood
I started this hobby but have enjoyed sharing it with my Dad and boys. I have a photo from about 10 yrs ago of my late Papa (James Harvey Norwood Jr.) helping me with the bees.


Dad has been enjoying his bees that I gave him last year. Sam and Dad and I suited up a few weeks ago and went through the hive. We found the queen and she is actively laying good brood patterns. The hive was almost empty of honey so Dad has been feeding sugar water since then. I plan to inspect them again soon.

I have been spending a fair amount of time working on equipment.  I am repairing old boxes and putting together new ones as well as frames. 

I have 3 hives that I need to go through completely and do some spring management on soon.

I went through one of my hives with Sam last week and it was doing good. I added an empty box of foundation for the to work with. If it rains soon it might be a good spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment