Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Planting Time!

Updates:
Replanted beets on March 19th because I wasn't satisfied with the number that were growing.  I think I may have let them dry out too much. I've been watering almost everyday since I replanted and they are looking good now.

Tomatoes: Luke and I went down to Dennis Farm Store in Denton and picked out 20 Tomatoe plants.
From West to East here are the varieties in order that I planted them: (Order of planting was scientifically randomized by planting whichever one Shotgun Willie brought be from the flat next). Willie also put a spoonful of bonemeal around each plant as I planted them.
1. Better Boy
2. Celebrity
3. Big Boy
4. Better Boy
5. Yellow Pear
6. Celebrity
7. Big Boy
8. Beefsteak
9. 444
10. 444
11. 4th of July
12. 4th of July
13. 4th of July
14. Early Girl
15. Super Fantastic
16. Early Girl
17. Super Fantastic
18. Super Fantastic
19. 4th July
20. Super Fantastic

I am ready to plant corn, yellow squash, butternut squash and beans and soon will be ready to plant watermelon. I am fight a battle with Johnson Grass. I would like to kill it all with Roundup before I plant anything else. I don't want to retill it under until it is dead. Not sure what I'm going to do with that yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment